2017 m. rugpjūčio 31 d., ketvirtadienis

3.38. For the sake of all of us

Hadrian couldn't calm down in any way. They all knew they shouldn't have known. And that girl Summer... He never trusted her. Summer, in his opinion, has too long tongue. Sure, he said her too much, but he even didn't regret it. But Cornvallis thought otherwise.
- If you'll offend Summer again... - the man spited out clenching his fists.
- Then what? - Hadrian came closer leaning towards Cornvallis.
- You'll see...
- I'd like to see... - Hadrian's dark eyes flashed.
- I'm not afraid of you, Hadrian... If even you killed countess Emeny... - Cornvallis narrowed his eyes.
- And if I did then what? - Hadrian came even closer to Cornvallis. - What will you do? Punish me? - he chuckled. - Don't be ridiculous, my boy!
- I will not do, but others will... They will hang you up in the square of village, - Cornvallis smiled a bit.
- Oh, so our good innocent Cornvallis wishes to see me hanged! - Hadrian grimaced. - And you know what? I heard people told that you like to run after other skirts. If Summer will know it she'll not be happy, right?
Cornvallis felt how his face got red in the anger.
- It's not your affair, murder...
- My life is neither yours...
- It's not about your life, it's about the countess' life!
- Aye! Mister Good is back! - Hadrian grinned. - Just don't make me slobber, boy!
- Shut your mouth...
- Boys... - suddenly they heard Gregory's voice. - Is everything alright? Why are you two quarreling again?
Hadrian turned his face at his father.
- I'm sorry, father.
- As you know, guys, you'll never solve your problems fighting, - Gregory smiled at Hadrian and Cornvallis.
- Yes, father...
- Yes, sir Gregory, I agree with you, - nodded Cornvallis. - But I'll never allow to anyone to offend my wife, - he said firmly.
- Your wife has too long tongue! - Hadrian raised his voice again.
- Hadrian, son... - Gregory tried to calm him down.
- Summer says a truth, that's why you are so furious! - Cornvallis exclaimed.
- Listen... - Hadrian looked at Cornvallis. - Just leave me alone and don't put your nose not into your matters, ok?
Cornvallis looked at both men and went without any word away. Hadrian stood for a while staring at Cornvallis with anger and hatred.
- I think it's time for us to talk, son, - Gregory's voice brought Hadrian back to reality.
- You'll not believe in me, father...
- Why? I'm your father, Hadrian! I am the one who trusts you, who knows you since that day when you were born! - Gregory's voice was full of emotions. - Let's talk, Hadrian! For the sake of all of us...
Hadrian looked at his father's eyes and nodded. He sat silently on the grass, the old man did the same. They sat in the silence for some time enjoying the quiet evening.
- I didn't kill countess, - Hadrian said silently.

***

- So? What has happened then? - asked Gregory turning to his son.
- I don't know, - Gregory shrugged.
- But you saw the countess that night, right?
- Yes... - Hadrian nodded. - That night I was waiting outside when I can slip in the castle. Countess Emeny and count sat in the dinning room and talked. I saw them both from my hiding place... Count as always made the scenes to his wife, - Hadrian smiled. - He couldn't accept the fact that the countess even didn't admit him as a man...
And countess Emeny retorted him as always with a cold voice that he doesn't have any right to find fault, because himself isn't holy. After stood the dead silence. They didn't talk or countess didn't want to talk to her husband.
After few minutes I heard her silent steps and gently knocking on the door. Emeny knew that I am here and I knew that she stands behind the door and awaits me.
The hard doors opened, she grabbed my hand pulling me inside and embraced me.
"Did you come to see me?" - she asked me brushing with her lips through my cheek.
 "Yes", - I whispered. But Emeny was too smart woman to believe in my words. She pushed me away calling me liar.
"What's wrong, my countess?"- I asked her.
"Nothing", - she shook her head. - "So why are you here?"
We stared at each other. The countess waited for my answer and I really didn't know what to say her.
The best what came to my head was to pull her in the passionate kiss, but then we heard the steps and Emeny pulled me in one of many rooms in the castle.
"So..." - she pierced me with her beautiful eyes.
"You know why I came", - I said firmly.
She smiled and laughed softly.
"I guess..."
"Then why do you ask me?"
"Just because I like to play like you, Hadrian", - she smiled.-"If I'll give you what you are looking for, how will you reward me?"
"Try to guess", - I pushed her against the wall and kissed her not letting her to speak. I didn't trust countess, but she was very hot and passionate, so I couldn't resist against her and never wanted that. After all we dressed up and went upstairs down.
Then suddenly we heard the steps. To be caught by Emeny's husband wasn't in my plans, so I had to do something to save my skin. I ran back to the same room we hid and jumped out through the balcony. That was the last time when I saw the countess. I have no idea what happened that night later.
Gregory looked at his son's eyes and smiled.
- I believe you, but told me not all, son...
Hadrian looked down at the grass.
- Yes, I told you not all, father. But it's better not know everything. For the sake of all of us.



Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą