2016 m. birželio 30 d., ketvirtadienis

3.29. The decision

Suletu stood alone looking somewhere in the distance. It was almost midnight, all went to rest to their tents, except her. She had her own plans. Now she was young adult and she could plan her life without other interference. And who cares about her? Anyone even didn't ask her how she feels. All acted as if nothing had happened, but Suletu didn't forget that night, when she and Okomi were punished. Okomi... What about Okomi? He sleeps with Maat and it's also ok,.. Even Kotori does nothing to recover Maat. Suletu wanted he would hit Okomi, shake him well, but no... Kotori walked like a shadow himself. Suletu saw him many times cuddling his baby girl Tama or walking with his older boy Chatan. It was sad to see her childhood friend suffering. They both suffered, but one day it had to end and that day will come tomorrow. Suletu decided and anyone will not make her to change her mind. She nodded silently and continued to eat her late dinner. It was her last dinner in this tribe.
- Suletu? - suddenly she heard Kotori's voice.
- Yes, Kotori, - she answered silently.
- Does the sadness make you hungry? - Kotori smiled.
- The sadness makes me angry, Kotori, and if you'll not stop to annoy me soon you'll make sure it yourself.
- Sorry... I didn't want to offend you, - Kotori said quickly.
- Then leave me alone, - Suletu said angrily. - I'm not in mood to talk to you!
- Come on, Suletu! - Kotori chuckled. - You don't want to be alone at all and we both know the truth, aren't we? Just look at yourself! You're like a walking misery than that girl I knew once!
Suletu still didn't look at Kotori. Her eyes filled with tears and she started to cry.
- Stop, Kotori! Stop it, please... - she sobbed.
- Tears will not help you, - Kotori said.
- I know... Let's hope it's my last tears like this night in the Blessing Moon tribe village.
- What do you mean?
- I'm leaving, Kotori, - Suletu wiped her tears and looked at Kotori.
- Leaving?
- Yes, - she nodded. - I'll take my son and we'll leave this tribe. Forever.
- You can't!
- I can... Now I am an adult and I can care of myself and my son. Simply I don't have what to do in this tribe longer.
Kotori looked at Suletu surprised.
- I understand or I'm trying to understand you, but you still can't leave our tribe without letting know about your decision to Wenona.
- She'll know it, I'll talk to her...
- And I... I still care of you, Suletu.
- Until Maat is with Okomi. When she'll be back you'll forget me like yesterday, so better don't lie to yourself and me.
Kotori didn't say anything.
- I'm sorry, Kotori... - Suletu said silently. - I have to find Okomi and talk to him.
Kotori silently nodded. Suletu put her plate on the grass and left.

***
- Hey, Okomi, if even I am just a shadow for you, you still can't ignore me forever, - Suletu said when she saw Okomi sitting at the fire.
Okomi felt how much pain is in Suletu's voice. He looked at his mate for short and fell down his eyes at once feeling embarrassed and not knowing what he should say her.
- Many things had happened you know... - he muttered. 
- Yes, that's true... - Suletu chuckled. - Don't worry, I didn't forget it, but still... We have to talk as I don't have too much time.
- And are you hurry somewhere? - Okomi smiled.
- Yes... I'm in hurry and that's why we have to talk. Now, Okomi.
- Ok... - he agreed raising to his feet.
- Let's go... - Suletu turned away and went through the grass towards the chess table. Somehow all tribal members chose this place if they wanted to talk seriously about something.
- So? - Okomi looked at Suletu.
- I'm surprised you agreed to talk to me! Can you remember when you talked to me last time? - Suletu laughed, her laughter was painful and full of anger.
- No... - his answer was short.
- Me too... I know Maat is better than I, so you prefer her... I'm just that stupid girl who seduced you and made us both to pay for the mistake we did, - Suletu talked swallowing the tears, her voice trembled, - and she's a woman who has more experience in life... 
- Suletu...
- Don't interrupt me! - Suletu raised her voice feeling how a huge wave of anger flooded her heart. - You had to tell me... Before going to her... But you acted like some... - she swallowed her tears again and made to smile herself. - Well, I'll survive it. I just want to say you I and Halian are leaving this tribe. 
- What?! - Okomi almost jumped in the surprise. - You can't take Hallian, he is my son!
- Did you just remember you have a son? What a shame, Okomi! - Suletu shook her head smiling ironically. - You forgot me and Halian, so it means you don't need us... And we'll not disturb you and Maat. So... I think that's all what I wanted to tell you. Good luck to you, Okomi!
- Are you leaving me? Suletu! - Okomi exclaimed.
Suletu didn't turn to him. She went through the dewy grass not seeing anything through the tears in her eyes.
Sleep. It was all she needed now. Suletu went into her tent rejoicing that finally she's alone again. It was so hard to talk to Okomi, but she had to do that. 
"Tomorrow will be another day", - she calmed down herself laying down next to her sleeping son.- "We'll be happy, Halian..."- she smiled through the tears and kissed Hallian's cheek.


Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą