2016 m. liepos 8 d., penktadienis

3.31. One more chance

Suddenly Nikki felt she can't breathe longer. Something like the grip pinched her chest, her legs trembled in the weakness. She heard shouting Tahatan, saw his eyes frantic in fear, but she couldn't do anything. She dies. That's it. It's over.
- Tahatan... - her lips trembled without a sound.
Soon a strange murmur fell on her ears and the white fog covered around her everything. She heard people voices, and then everything turned into a strange humming bells, what once she heard when Nikki and her mother visited the temple, but it was a long time ago... How old was she then? Four? Five? Nikki's body collapsed on the floor. She couldn't move anymore, only two cold tears rolled down on her cheeks. The last tears. "Farewell, Tahatan..." - it was the last thought what crossed her mind. Then, as if someone shook her and she began to fall into the abyss.

***
She took a deep breath of air and opened her eyes. Nikki stood in the middle of the field surrounded by strange purple fog.
- Where am I? - Nikki looked around terrified, but here she was  quiet alone. Suddenly, panic-stricken she started jumping and waving hands. - Help me! Help me, please!
- You aren't alone, stop screaming like crazy! - she heard female voice.
Nikki gasped and turned around. A young woman stood before her. Her eyes were good, but now her glance was serious and strict.
- Who are you? - Nikki mumbled. - And where am I?
- Look at me better, girl... - A woman narrowed her eyes.
- Lakesha? Lakesha! - Nikki almost jumped in joy and rushed to hug a woman, but she stopped Nikki.
- Don't touch me. You aren't in the world where you are used to live.
Nikki looked at Lakesha surprised.
- Where are we then?
- You are almost dead, Nikki, - Lakesha looked at Nikki strictly. - If you'll touch me you'll stay with me in this world. If even I am not sure I should allow you return there...
- Why? - Nikki bit her own lip.
- Why?! You even dare to ask me why I took you?! - Lakesha raised her voice. - Just look what you did! You destroyed their lives, condemned to die that young guy! And why? Only for that man Kotori and your stupidity!
Nikki gave a deep sight and lowered her head.
- I know... - she whispered.
- What do you know? - Lakesha asked angrily. - Did I teach you to hurt and harm people?
- No...
- Did I teach you to be selfish?
- No...
- I asked you to bring love to these people as they suffered a lot in their past and what you have done, Nikki?
- I am very distressed because of what I did, my teacher and guardian... - Nikki said silently.
- Good... I am happy you didn't lose your heart, - Lakesha's voice softened. - So I had to stop you, my girl, and take you here, in the Spirits world.
- Will you forgive me, Lakesha? - Nikki sobbed. - I am feeling so dirty...
- I will as any mother forgives her daughter for her mistakes, - Lakesha smiled. - I'll give you one more chance to prove that you are worth to be shaman and live with the Blessing Moon tribe, but...
- But? - Nikki looked at Lakesha's dark eyes.
- You'll return there where you've not been wrong yet. It means you'll return to your past. It will be good for all and they'll not remember what you did and how you died, but here is something for what I have to warn you.
- And what is that?
- You'll remember everything what you did and others... If even they'll not remember those horrible things they had to survive, they will feel it, so some of your tribal people can be not so nice with you like they were before, - Lakesha smiled. - It's your punishment, Nikki. Be ready to pay for what you did. You'll have to prove you are worth their trust and love. It will not be easy to you, especially when you are so inclined to evil.
Listening to Lakesha Nikki felt relieved.
- I can change, my teacher, - she smiled. - I swear I'll prove you that I can be different!
- Don't swear me, Nikki! - Lakesha raised her hand looking strictly at her. - Words mean nothing if they don't become actions! It's your last chance, my girl! It's the only your chance! Keep it in your mind, Nikki!
- Yes... - Nikki nodded. - Thank you... Thank you for trusting me, my teacher and guardian...
- Don't thank me. I can change my mind any time, Nikki!
- One more question, Lakesha... - Nikki stopped her teacher. - That raven... Is it you?
Lakesha smiled.
- And what do you think, my silly child?
- I think, it's you...
- You'll get all answers when you'll learn your lessons and will get more wisdom.
Nikki wanted to say something more, but suddenly she felt so sleepy.
- I am tired...
- Of course, my child. Rest before your return to your past, - Lakesha smiled.
Nikki sat on the strange stone bench and looked one more time at her teacher and guardian. Lakesha started to sing. Her song was so gentle and reminded her lullaby. Nikki felt a child again and smiled. Sweet tiredness covered her so much that Nikki couldn't keep her eyes open longer. She lay on the bench and dipped into deep sleep.




Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą