2016 m. balandžio 30 d., šeštadienis

3.10. Celebration Of Love

Without waiting Nikki rushed to look for Wenona. She found tribal creator training together with tribal men and Maat. It was the usual morning ritual for Wenona. She was a warrior like her mother and grandmother and she cared that her tribal people would be strong and great warriors.
- May I say a few words? - Nikki politely inquired.
- Of course! - Wenona came to Nikki. - I'm ready to listen to my sister.
- I've been thinking a lot about  about life of the Blessing Moon tribe and about my creator's advice that I have to go on the way, what is chosen by my heart, so I thought that as the tribal shaman I should help my creator to take care of the Blessing Moon tribe's traditions. Where I and my brother were born, it was focused a lot on love and friendship rituals. Some rituals used to be performed before breeding with one of the slaves, the others were performed during the visit of other Amazon tribes as union and strengthening of friendship rituals. It was a real celebration, what lasted for several days sometimes, - Nikki smiled. - So I thought, why Blessing Moon tribe could not have such celebration? I... - she lowered her head. - I would like to fix my mistakes as well and show everyone that I want to be a part of the Blessing Moon tribe. I don't want to be the cause of discord among the tribal members.
Wenona smiled.
- I like your thoughts, Nikki. Moreover, such celebration could replace a pre-existing Tribal Sons festival. Does it need a preparation?
- No, my creator... Anyone doesn't need a special preparation. I'll meditate before the celebration and prepare the drink of friendship.
- Excellent! Then  let's invite everyone to the Ceremonies Square and tell about it!

***
- Today, I will speak a little, - Wenona smiled and turned to standing next Nikki. - But our sister Nikki definitely has something to say to all of us.
Nikki bowed respectfully to Wenona and looked up at all. - We stayed alive when the whole world died in our presence, - finally she said. - We have weathered the cold, hunger and diseases on a long way looking for new lands, where we can start a new life. I think we have to celebrate and thank goddess Nanina for giving a second chance to us and the biggest gratuity will be if today we'll celebrate together love and friendship. Let it be this celebration of love as the Blessing Moon tribal tradition! I invite all to gather around the fire before sun will come down and to taste the drink of friendship.
All joyfully exclaimed accepting Nikki's proposal. Blessing Moon tribe didn't celebrate anything long time, so it was a great oportunity to remember what is the joy of life.
- We'll roast the meat, - smiled Okomi.
- If you don't mind I will help you, - offered Noel.
Tribal sons liked Nikki's suggestion as well, especially Tahatan. It was as an evidence that Nikki is really worth his faith.

***
As it was agreed the festival started before sunset. Nikki lighted a fire, lit incense and took a bowl full of fragrant drink. All smiled and curiously watched Nikki. Now she was their woman of knowledge, a mediator between the spirits and the human world, a woman, who was second after the tribal leader according to the importance. At least it was important to Nikki. It was her first big and important step in the life of the tribe, her own life. The tribe's respect and Nikki's relationship with tribal members depended on this celebration. She sincerely wanted to be a good shaman and win the confidence of the tribe.
- May this drink bring our hearts and minds together, because we are one flesh and blood, - Nikki solemnly raised the bowl like a cup. She did everything she saw doing Lakesha many times when she was still a child. - Those who will taste a drink of friendship, will be blessed by goddess Nanina, their minds and hearts will be ready to receive the love and friendship. May what will be born tonight in this union remain forever as a sacred and indissoluble symbol of friendship! Let it be as I said! - Nikki closed her eyes and tasted a drink, then she gave a bowl with a drink to Wenona.
The drink went from hands to hands until went around all tribal members.

***
The sun went slowly down, the night was coming.  People danced around a campfire singing, their faces were shining with smile, they laughed and chatted carelessly as if all their troubles and suffered hardship would be melted in the fire, what merrily danced its silent magical dance in the twilight of evening. 
Nikki felt happy seeing all relaxed and having fun. It was a good sign that her efforts weren't in vain.  And perhaps it was the only and the best opportunity to make it up with Tahatan.
- Tahatan... - she called him coming to him closer.
Tahatan turned his face to Nikki.
- I am sorry for all what I said you, - Nikki smiled. - I hope you can forgive me and be my friend like before.
- I already forgot I was angry on you, - Tahatan laughed. - Of course, I am your friend, Nikki! Thanks for giving us such celebration! - he looked smiling at Nikki's eyes.
- It's good to see happy people around although I'm being sad more often than happy, - Nikki smiled. 
- And why? Is here a reason to be sad? - Tahatan raised his brow.
- I don't know... - Nikki shrugged. - Maybe because I missed my mother when I was a child and we lost Lakesha, who was very close to me, maybe because it's just my nature and I am unable to enjoy the life like other people, - she looked at dark Tahatan's eyes. 
- Oh... - Tahatan chuckled. - Come on! You are too beautiful and too young to be sad, - he smiled warmly at Nikki.
- You are flattering me, Tahatan, - Nikki smiled back at him.
- Not at all... I am your friend... I just tasted the drink of friendship made by your hands, so... It means our hearts are connected, so we are friends forever, aren't we? 
- Really? - Nikki came closer to Tahatan. She felt how his hand touches hers.
Tahatan nodded smiling.
- I thought... - she blushed reaching for his hand. Their fingers entwined, it was so good to feel a big and warm Tahatan's palm. - I thought friendship and love magic will work for others, but not for me.
- How it can not work for you? You are shaman, Nanina loves you, - Tahatan pulled Nikki closer a bit.
- Then... Then I am happy. I want to be good shaman.
- You are...
- Thanks for your kind words, - Nikki smiled shyly. - And... What would you think if I would ask my friend to mate with me? - she blushed deeply.
- I would say Yes... - Tahatan nodded smiling.
- Then it means Yes?
Tahatan looked at Nikki's eyes silently.
- It doesn't mean that I gonna treat you as slave, Tahatan... I promise. I learned something from my own mistakes, - Nikki said sincerely. - You are honorable tribal son, my friend and... your eyes reminds me the midnight.
- I believe in you, Nikki, - Tahatan smiled pulling her to himself so close as Nikki could feel how his bare chest touches her body. She shivered slightly and squeezed his hand feeling totally dizzy. She couldn't say if she was affected by the drink of friendship and incense or it was their closeness. Nikki looked at Tahatan's eyes not hiding her lust. She knew it was the best way to forget Kotori and if she'll not do that she'll regret later.
- Come with me, my mate... - she whispered to his ear.
Tahatan nodded in agreement with a smile on his face, Nikki took his hand and they went towards the nearest tent. 

***
Wenona watched how Okomi chases Suletu enjoying their laughter. She couldn't hold her smile looking at them. They were so still childish and careless... She saw how Nikki and Tahatan disappeared in the tent, how Kotori talked to Maat. It was so good to see how she makes laugh her brother twin. All were happy and enjoyed the celebration and its weird romantic and free atmosphere. Wenona couldn't remember anything like this celebration. If it happened it happened many summers and winters ago. The last celebration they had was her and Kotori's Birthday, when they turned to teenagers. She remember her father, uncle Hassun, their step-parents, Akecheta and their grandmother Amadahy... That day was the last day when she saw them all alive and happy. After few days they all went to Netherworld together with the world what was before. With fighting warriors in the war somewhere in Northern lands, together with growing new cities and kingdoms, with slaves what escaped and wanted to be free... It was the world she and her brothers were born, it was the world she knew when she was just a child. Wenona gave a deep sigh feeling how tears fill her eyes. She didn't miss the slavery and sacrificial ceremonies once she saw when her uncle Mato was sacrificed, but she missed the people she knew and loved. She will always miss them... Wenona felt how someone looks at her. She turned her face and caught Noel's gaze. He smiled at her and she did the same. It was one more weird thing what happened to her. Wenona was used to feel her brother Kotori if even he was far away and hunted somewhere in the woods, but how to explain that weird feeling when she felt Noel? It seemed like he stuck in her, Wenona always felt when he was looking at her, it seemed like she can read his thoughts. It was more than weird. It was... magic. Magic she's never known before. Was it attraction? Maybe... But here was something much more than attraction, something Wenona didn't know how to name. And now Noel came to her. Their eyes met and it seemed like the whole world disappeared. 
- Why are you so sad, my creator? - asked Noel.
- I am not sad... - Wenona smiled a bit.
- No... - Noel shook his head. - I felt it here... - he placed his hand on that place where his heart is. 
Wenona swallowed gazing at Noel's blue like the sky eyes.
- I remembered... - she answered.
- Those you loved?
Wenona nodded.
- Many summers and winters ago... - she said silently. 
- They are happy there, in Netherword as they can see you alive and being a great creator.
- Thank you for your words, - Wenona smiled and felt how the tears fell on her cheeks. - It means... a lot to me.
Noel smiled and reached for Wenona's cheek. She didn't resist, just stood and looked at his eyes. 
- One day the pain will pass, my lady... - Noel said wiping her tears.
Wenona smiled softly and didn't feel how her arms embraced Noel. He did the same. They stood holding each other totally forgetting everything.
- It's so weird... It feels like I embraced myself, - Noel chuckled.
- And... I feel the same, - Wenona stepped back a bit and looked at Noel surprised.
- What could it mean? - Noel took Wenona by her hand.
- I don't know... - Wenona smiled.
- I think I know... 
- Seriously?
- Yes... If creator Wenona doesn't mind we could go for a walk, - Noel offered.
- Sure, let's go for a walk, - Wenona agreed.
- Once I heard what our shaman Lakesha told the women... - Noel started tell.
- And what did she tell them?
- She told that the human soul is divided into two sides, so people often feel lonely, because they are longing for the soul what is their another half. Many women didn't believe in our shaman, but I'm sure she told the truth.
Wenona smiled.
- It's a nice tale, Noel. 
- I don't think it's a tale, my lady, - Noel stopped and took Wenona by her hands. - No matter how it will sound silly, but being beside you I am feeling whole... I felt it since that day when I saw you. I feel like I know you more than hundred winters and summers, like I always knew you.
Wenona didn't know what to say. She just stared at Noel's eyes as she didn't know how to say him she feels the same.
- I don't know what is that, but I am ready to follow my lady even to the edge of this world, - Noel kissed Wenona's hands.
Wenona smiled.
- Are you sure, Noel? - she teased him. - Be careful as I can lead you too far...
- It doesn't matter... - Noel answered staring at Wenona's eyes. - There's nothing could scare me.
Wenona didn't say anything. She came closer and kissed Noel's lips gently. Noel smiled and pulled her in his embrace.
- If we'll die we'll die the same day... my another half, - he whispered in the kiss.
Wenona laughed happily wrapping her arms around his neck. She felt like in a dream, but if it was a dream she'd never want to wake up.


Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą