2016 m. gegužės 23 d., pirmadienis

3.21. The rivals

Nikki couldn't sleep the whole night. Her belly was already big, so it wasn't easy to find the right pose. Tahatan slept like dead and even snorted sometimes, when she rolled from one side to another still thinking about the same...  Even closing her eyes Nikki saw scared Suletu and Okomi. She broke their lives, changed their future. Once Nikki saw it in her native tribe, but she's never thought she'll have to do the same and she did that to those she sincerely liked.
In the morning she got up angry and being in the terribly bad mood. Everything seemed bad. Her pregnancy, this morning, arguing daughters outside and Tahatan with his silly questions. Nikki even didn't feel how she yelled at him asking to leave her in silence and rushed outside. No, she can't run. Now she waddles like a fat duck and is slower even than an earthworm. Nikki hid behind the bushes and burst in tears.
- What did I tell you, brother? Nikki will never change, - she heard Kotori's voice.
- She's tired and very pregnant... - Tahatan defended Nikki.
- Do you think she will change after the birth of baby? - Kotori chuckled. - I don't think so...
- I don't know, Kotori, - Tahatan sighed. - People change sometimes.
- It's not about Nikki, she'll never change.
- Shut up you two! - Nikki mumbled angrily.
Men didn't hear her. Tahatan went somewhere and Nikki heard how Maat called Kotori. She stayed alone. Solitude always healed her, so soon she felt better. It was a time to eat something, so she left her hiding place and went to bonfire.

***
- Good morning, Nikki, - she heard Maat's voice.  - How are you? When your baby will be born?
- Soon, - Nikki muttered.
- I am also pregnant... Again, - Maat giggled happily. - Goddess Nanina really loves us!
Nikki felt how a mouthful stuck in her mouth.
- Are you sure?
- Yes... - Maat nodded happily. - But you can check me. I would like to know what we'll have...
- It's not necessary, - Nikki's voice sounded gloomy. - If woman says she's with child it means she is... Women are wrong very rarely. Did you say about it Kotori?
- Not yet... And here he is coming!
Nikki didn't say anything, she just grimaced behind Maat's face and hid behind the bush.
- I have the news for you, my hawk, - Maat said joyfully Kotori.
- What news, my red flower? - Kotori smiled.
- Nanina gave us one more chance to become parents, Kotori. I am with a child again.
- Oh,.. Can it be?! - Kotori was pleasantly surprised.
- Yes... It's a truth, my beloved hawk. Are you ready to meed one more cute baby just like its daddy and mom? - Maat asked playfully.
- Surely, my beautiful flower!
- Am I the only and most beautiful flower? - Maat giggled.
- I didn't see more beautiful flower than my Maat!
Nikki couldn't listen to them longer. She felt how the tears filled her eyes again. The jealousy covered her. And why did she have to hear it? Why all world has to remind her how she wants this man? Why she can't be Maat? Why?

***
- Do you believe in Kotori's words? - Nikki asked Maat when Kotori left.
- Did you stand here and listened to us? - Maat looked surprised at Nikki. - I thought you went!
- You didn't answer to my question.
- Ok. Yes, I believe in Kotori's words, - answered Maat. - But how does it relate to you, Nikki?
Nikki felt how her face got red.
- It's not related to me in any way... But I dare to remind you that you aren't the only and most beautiful woman in this world, Maat. Such men like Kotori are liars. Today he admires you calling you his only and most beautiful flower, tomorrow he'll say the same to another woman, - Nikki smiled ironically.
- I don't understand you, Nikki, - Maat smiled and looked mockingly at Nikki's eyes. - Are you jealous?
- Me? - Nikki laughed. - Come on, woman!
- No... You'll not fool me, - Maat laughed. - I always tried to guess what means that your glance when you look at Kotori. Now I know... You fell in love with him!
- Do you think you are very smart, Maat? - Nikki felt how she became even more angry. She didn't want to hear the truth about herself, especially from Maat's mouth. - But I have to disappoint you as you know nothing!
- No... Your eyes tell me much more than you think, Nikki! And they tell me totally different things than your tongue! Your tongue lies, Nikki!
- I didn't know you are such expert of truth, - Nikki mocked at Maat.
Maat laughed and looked at Nikki's eyes.
- Kotori is my mate, Nikki. He'll never be yours, so stop making plans how to drag him into the bushes.
- He's not your property. He is a tribal son, not a slave, - Nikki felt how her hands are shaking in anger.
- He chose me!
Nikki laughed.
- Yes, but maybe tomorrow he'll choose me or someone else?
- Stop it! You are real witch!
- Witch? Never dare to call me a witch again, do you hear me? - Nikki narrowed her eyes.
- I'm not afraid of you!
- You should... - Nikki's voice sounded frightening and mysterious.
- What's going here?  - was hear Kotori's voice.
Maat didn't answer. She turned away and left.
- You... Again... - said Kotori.
- Yes. Me. Again, - Nikki answered.
They stood looking at each other with hatred.
- Stikini...
Nikki smiled.
- Why do you smile here?
- Because you are silly, Kotori. Silly like all men, - she answered waddling to her tent. - And you'll be mine... - she said silently. Kotori couldn't hear her words. -  No matter when, but you'll be mine, - Nikki caressed her huge belly and frowned in the pain she just felt.
It was a time, her baby was ready to come. Now she'll concentrate her mind and energy on the baby, but she'll never forget this conversation... Maat will not forget it, too.

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą